Friday, October 15, 2010

Look what I've been doing






Having lots of fun in my journal.  I don't know if anyone else has done this but I have been able to find a lot of fun supplies through the local classified ads and Craigslist.  I got over 200 acrylic paints (the less expensive kind) with a stand to hold them all for $25.00.  I like using these.  I mix them with Golden glazing fluid or use them straight.  All the pages I am showing today are with "bargain" supplies.   One recent yard sale I got completely carried away.  I should have taken a picture of my front room.   It was stuffed full  with the stuff I bought at one yard sale (another $25.00 bargain)  It was a estate sale where the person was a retired graphic designer who had lived in Japan.  Some of the things I got in that load were 2 t-squares, a 4 ft metal ruler, 6 brand new packages of rice paper, Many different sets of colored pencils (most were made in Japan with lots of pigment) Lots of technical pens (Stadler, Micron, Rapidograph,) Authentic Japanese paint brushes, other high quality paint brushes, Boxes of rub on letters,  and much more.  I'm sure I am boring you so I will stop and show you some pages. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I NEVER find artsy stuff at yard sales! I hadn't even thought to look for those things on CL...definitely have to start!

    Your pages are awesome! You are so creative and I love your style!

    ♥Anita
    http://aseknc.blogspot.com/
    http://asesaj.blogspot.com/
    aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete