Thursday, August 26, 2010

painting on cardboard





Here is my picture for the day. It is on a 10 1/2"x12" piece of cardboard that I had covered in two layers of Golden's gesso. I got my inspiration from some these butterfly stickers I got at Michaels.
I drew out the butterfly with a Faber-Castel Pitt Artist pen with a brush tip in cold grey. Then I went over some of the lines with a black Sharpie making some thicker and added some doodling. Next I painted some sections with metallic acrylic paints, neocolor II water color crayons, and black paint mixed with Golden's glazing liquid. I added more detail with gold, silver and white Sharpie paint pens. Then finished the background with acrylic/glaze mixture.

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful piece...SO FUN!
    You might be interested in doing this challenge!!
    http://twodressesstudio.blogspot.com/2010/08/butterfly-effect-open-is-calling-you.html
    Thanks for your fabulous comment on the blog!
    Artfully Yours,
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete